Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Voucher timetable?

Voucher timetable?

Christopher Range

Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?

Christopher

Patty

On Mon, 01 May 2006 01:03:39 -0500, Christopher Range wrote:

> Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
> purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?
>
> Christopher

I guess it depends on the vouchers. I just got mine through the school I
attended and they're only good until December 1, 2006.

Patty

JohnO

Barry Watzman wrote:
> They are good for a year from the date issued by CompTIA to the CompTIA
> member institution (normally a school), but this may give the ultimate
> recipient far less than a year (I've seen cases in which people received
> vouchers from their schools that had less than a month of the original
> year left).

It used to be that you could make the call to Prometric on the day
before the voucher expires, and set a test date up to a year further
out. It's been a while since I had to deal with that, so don't take my
word for it.

-John O

Christopher Range

Barry Watzman wrote:
> They are good for a year from the date issued by CompTIA to the CompTIA
> member institution (normally a school), but this may give the ultimate
> recipient far less than a year (I've seen cases in which people received
> vouchers from their schools that had less than a month of the original
> year left).

Barry, Thankyou for letting me know. I knew about the year, from the
time of
purchase but, I didn't know, it was also pursuant to a school. I am
glad you
told me.

Christopher

John P. Dearing

Christopher Range wrote:
> Do vouchers still have the timetable of, being used within a year of the
> purchase, to be still be valid or, has CompTIA shortened that?

As others have pointed out, the voucher has a "lifetime" of one year
from issuance by CompTIA. This means that you "should" have just a
little under a year to take the etst under normal circumstances.

There are companies that buy "short-dated" vouchers from other comanies
at a discount and then sell them cheap, often quite cheap. The closer
they are to expiration, the deeper the discount.

If you are very close to being ready to sit the exam you can sometimes
save some substantial cash by opting for a short-dated voucher. The only
real downside is that you can't always be assured of the availability of
short-dated vouchers.

Good luck with your exam!

John
--