Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How do you stay Up to date with computer technologies?

How do you stay Up to date with computer technologies?

Mr. Arcade

Hello,

I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
(processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
would be cool Thanks.

Christopher Range

Mr. Arcade wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
> growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
> training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
> (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
> would be cool Thanks.

I would say, starting with several IT newsletters on the Net and,
several of the computer magazines. I get, both, ComputerWorld and,
NetworkWorld. You could also look at Computer Shopper and, some of the
graphics related magazines, as a way to keep up with the changes and,
advancements in IT.

Christopher

lanceallott

Christopher Range wrote:

> Mr. Arcade wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
>> growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
>> training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
>> (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
>> would be cool Thanks.

> I would say, starting with several IT newsletters on the Net and,
> several of the computer magazines. I get, both, ComputerWorld and,
> NetworkWorld. You could also look at Computer Shopper and, some of the
> graphics related magazines, as a way to keep up with the changes and,
> advancements in IT.
>
> Christopher

Personally I subscribe to 4 magazines, Smart Computing in Plain English,
Computer Power User both published by Sandhills and Linux Journal and it's
online sister publication Tux Magazine.

As for websites, I like tomshardware.com and hothardware.com

hth//Lance

MF

Read.

Read more.

good luck.

"Mr. Arcade" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I'm lookin for information on how to stay current with the rapidly
> growing computer technologies. Is there a website for computer techs in
> training, and ppl in computer sales to keep track of new technologies
> (processors, faster ram, etc). Any links or Magazine subscriptions
> would be cool Thanks.

J. Clarke

MF wrote:

> Read.
>
> Read more.
>

> good luck.

Dink around, upgrade your machine regularly so you're forced to live with
the new stuff. Subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack or MSDN or both.
Set up a Linux box and keep it current.

Subscribe to a number of USENET newsgroups in the areas in which you have a
need for currency and ask questions and read the questions that others
pose--they are sometimes useful starting points for research.

Google.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate