Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: How do I keep applications automatically loading in WinXP

Re: How do I keep applications automatically loading in WinXP

Nil

On 07 Mar 2006, "John Mabusth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:zS9Pf.1065$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net:

> In Win98 and ME, 2000, etc., I was able to go into "System
> Properties", and if I didn't want an application (i.e.:
> QuickTime), I would merely uncheck it in the start up list.
>
> Is there a similar function in WinXP Pro or Home ? I've noticed
> these apps keep loading at startup, and it's then a hole series
> of right clicking the icon, "exit", etc., and it goes on and on
> and on . . .

MSCONFIG can do that (for Win2000 - it is included in XP?)

I prefer Startup Control Panel, available at
<http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml>.