Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Mike Meyer's Practice Exams vs. actual A+ exams.

Mike Meyer's Practice Exams vs. actual A+ exams.

vikenk@aol.com

Hello,

Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?

I've generally been good with computers and the Mike Meyer's All-in-One
A+ guide/book was mostly review and verification for me. I learned a
few things I didn't know before, but most of the stuff I had already
learned over the years.

I practice on his sample tests (I bought the voucher package) and
routinely score between 83-90% on them. Are those tests close to what
the real A+ exams are like?

I need a little more work on the OS stuff than the core hardware stuff.
I'll take the core exam first, then schedule the OS exam a couple of
weeks later so I can cram.

Any input would be appeciated.

--
Viken K.
http://home.comcast.net/~vikenk

John O

> Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
> exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?

To steal an acute observation from Tcat, none of Mike's tests are likely to
include the question: "How long is a rope?"

As for the real exam, you never know.

-John O

J. Clarke

> Hello,
>
> Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
> exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?
>
> I've generally been good with computers and the Mike Meyer's All-in-One
> A+ guide/book was mostly review and verification for me. I learned a
> few things I didn't know before, but most of the stuff I had already
> learned over the years.
>
> I practice on his sample tests (I bought the voucher package) and
> routinely score between 83-90% on them. Are those tests close to what
> the real A+ exams are like?
>
> I need a little more work on the OS stuff than the core hardware stuff.
> I'll take the core exam first, then schedule the OS exam a couple of
> weeks later so I can cram.
>
> Any input would be appeciated.

The practice exams are generally somewhat to significantly more difficult
than the actuals. If you're getting 83-90% on the practice exams you
should do fine on the real ones.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

mike

you will sweat a bit, but have a smile on your face when you leave the exam
room

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Can any of you who have used the Mike Meyers A+ Exam guide and practice
> exams tell me good they are relative to the actual exams?
>
> I've generally been good with computers and the Mike Meyer's All-in-One
> A+ guide/book was mostly review and verification for me. I learned a
> few things I didn't know before, but most of the stuff I had already
> learned over the years.
>
> I practice on his sample tests (I bought the voucher package) and
> routinely score between 83-90% on them. Are those tests close to what
> the real A+ exams are like?
>
> I need a little more work on the OS stuff than the core hardware stuff.
> I'll take the core exam first, then schedule the OS exam a couple of
> weeks later so I can cram.
>
> Any input would be appeciated.
>
> --
> Viken K.
> http://home.comcast.net/~vikenk

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 23:28:10 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>John O wrote:
>>
>> To steal an acute observation from Tcat, none of Mike's tests are likely to
>> include the question: "How long is a rope?"

> The only time that matters is when they want to hang you. If its too
>short, they can't tie a noose, and if its too long, you'll hit the
>ground. In this case you want a very short rope!

A rope walks into a bar, and orders a drink. The bartender refuses,
saying they don't serve ropes there. The rope tries it for 2 more
days, and on the third day the bartender flips out, beating the rope
up and tangling him into a roughed-up ball, and throws him into the
street. The rope rolls back into the bar and orders a drink. The
bartender asks if he isn't the rope that just got tossed, and the rope
replies..."No...I'm a frayed knot."

Tom