Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: full duplex

Re: full duplex

WW

My answer would be :
serial is full duplex, parallel is only half-duplex.

This is because if you are connected to the internet via a dial-up modem
connected to a serial port, you can simultaneously download a file, and surf
web pages. This means data is being transfered in both directions at once.

With a typical parallel port application, such as a printer, or older type
external CD-ROM drive, data needs to be transfered in both directions but
not simultaneously.

news:8YjIf.89$(E-Mail Removed)...
> seen this question many times ... answered differently
>
> which is capable of full duplex
>
> serial
>
> parallel
>
> any advice gratefully received
>
> also where can i find the very latest test king v26 i think
>
> regards and thankyou

Linda

On 14/02/06, Mark wrote:

> thanks ..... needed that clearing up as i have a+ core on friday morning

Once you've grasped the principle, the way I found to remember it is...
Serial - Simultaneous (SS)

Good Luck for Friday

ECP Half-duplex or Full-Duplex? DigitalSierra A+ Certification 0 10-18-2004 04:39 AM
Collisions with Full-Duplex Jim Cisco 9 01-05-2004 02:41 PM
Cisco 2900 Full-duplex Jay B Cisco 1 12-03-2003 01:02 AM

Advertisments