Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How do you open a...

How do you open a...

Paul in Australia

I've got an IBM Aptiva here only trouble is...

I don't know how to open it.

It's an all black plastic case. no screws that i can see.

Any clues?

Adam Leinss

"Paul in Australia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:43e62075$0
$28715$(E-Mail Removed):

> I've got an IBM Aptiva here only trouble is...
>
> I don't know how to open it.
>
> It's an all black plastic case. no screws that i can see.
>
> Any clues?

On most Aptivas there is a release level under the front bezel. Try
sticking your fingers under the bezel and pull it toward yourself.

Adam
--
Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog

Paul in Australia

"Adam Leinss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Paul in Australia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:43e62075$0
> $28715$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I've got an IBM Aptiva here only trouble is...
> >
> > I don't know how to open it.
> >
> > It's an all black plastic case. no screws that i can see.
> >
> > Any clues?

> On most Aptivas there is a release level under the front bezel. Try
> sticking your fingers under the bezel and pull it toward yourself.
>
> Adam
> --
> Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog

Got any more info? I can't figure it out.
Where exactly do you mean and what exactly am I looking for?

smackedass

> Got any more info? I can't figure it out.
> Where exactly do you mean and what exactly am I looking for?

When in doubt, Google

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...id=MIGR-4HDMCV

Paul in Australia

"smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Got any more info? I can't figure it out.
> > Where exactly do you mean and what exactly am I looking for?

> When in doubt, Google

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...le=lenovo&lndo
cid=MIGR-4HDMCV

**** me how did you find that?

what exactly did you google to get that page?

Paul in Australia

"Paul in Australia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43e63934$0$10626$(E-Mail Removed) u...

> "smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > > Got any more info? I can't figure it out.
> > > Where exactly do you mean and what exactly am I looking for?

> > When in doubt, Google

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...le=lenovo&lndo
> cid=MIGR-4HDMCV
> >

> **** me how did you find that?
>
> what exactly did you google to get that page?

or ignore me. either way. suit yourself

smackedass

>> **** me how did you find that?
>>
>> what exactly did you google to get that page?
>>

> or ignore me. either way. suit yourself

Ignore you, why would I do that?

This is what I Googled:

A-P-T-I-V-A

This was, I believe, the third result, and the exact model numbers may or
may not be the same ones that you're looking for.

Don't sweat it, dude, I've been there. Let me know how you make out!

smackedass

Paul in Australia

>>On most Aptivas there is a release level under the front bezel. Try
>>sticking your fingers under the bezel and pull it toward yourself.

>>Adam

> This is what I Googled:
>
> A-P-T-I-V-A
>
> This was, I believe, the third result, and the exact model numbers may or
> may not be the same ones that you're looking for.
>
> Don't sweat it, dude, I've been there. Let me know how you make out!
>
> smackedass

Well I tried "Aptiva" and after 10 pages of results, I still didn't find the
page you found.

I was trying "opening ibm lq6" and getting nowhere. Being too specific i
guess.

The IBM site seams to have forgotten they ever made an LQ6, so that was
useless.

That's why I tried here.

I found something that looked vaguely like this model and it gave me the
clue i needed.

No "level under the bezel" though. Just a hidden button on the side of the
case.

Funny thing is there's a Hard Drive dangling around the inside of the
machine. Not screwed in at all. Bashing up against the Motherboard and the
side of the case.

This could be a fun job.

smackedass

> Funny thing is there's a Hard Drive dangling around the inside of the
> machine. Not screwed in at all. Bashing up against the Motherboard and the
> side of the case.
>
> This could be a fun job.

So you got it open, and found that it's already been worked upon by an
incompetent technician. You'll have that...

Best wishes...and now a little bit about Boolean searching...

http://library.albany.edu/internet/boolean.html

smackedass

Glenn

when searching for an IBM or now Lenxo machine use the 4 digit machine
type (8311). Aptiva is a family, not a specific computer. If you want
to narrow the search use the type and model (83114DU).