Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Broken Outlook Express Inbox File?

Re: Broken Outlook Express Inbox File?

John O

> Did my client let the Inbox get too bloated for too long without deleting
> or moving messages, until OE bit off more than it could chew, and now the
> Inbox/DBX file is trashed or at least "broken"? Is there a way I can
> salvage those countless E-mails that are now apparently inaccessable? Any
> advice or references to info or forums where I can ask would be greatly
> appreciated. Also let me know if what I've described here is unclear -- I
> don't think this is exactly an everyday problem... Most people I've
> encountered are fairly merciless in deleting old E-mails.

Check one of the microsoft newsgroups:

news.microsoft.outlookexpress.general

In the back of my head is an idea that this dbx is hosed, but there might be
a fix. If so, the guys at that group will know for sure.

-John O