Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: @ Deleting the content of Temp Folder?

Re: @ Deleting the content of Temp Folder?

MF

definitive answer. if you are worried about deleting everything in it,
rename it.

Rename the temp directory. eg: tempold. Create a new (empty) one. Eg:
temp.

If you have no problems, that means nothing is using files in the old temp
directory to run. Delete the whole thing (tempold). The new temp directory
will take care of the odd program that caused one poster to worry about new
progs spazzing out because they are unable to create a temp directory and
are too stupidly written to ask you about it.

On the other hand, you have probs after renaming it, rename it back to temp.
Now comes the manual labor. note the progs that had a problem after you
renamed it and locate the files they use. select all the other files in the
directory and cut and paste them to some other directory. no more probs?
delete the other directory. if you have more problems, put the needed
files back into the temp directory and try again.

You probably won't have to do this. Most of the stuff in temp is useless
junk that badly written programs simply failed to clean up. But if you are
concerned about it, this is a safe way to get rid of at least 90 percent of
stuff in the directory.

good luck.

news:aEFtf.825$%(E-Mail Removed) k.net...