Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > alleviating load on PSU

alleviating load on PSU

frankg

An under powered older computer with a 260 watt psu is having some problems
running a few USB devices.
One possibility is exchanging the PSU for a higher watt rating.
But would attaching the devices to a USB Hub with it's own ac power cable
alleviate the load on the PSU ?
--
=========

frankg

thanks for the tip on usbview.exe - i'll look for it

news:tRbvf.49385$(E-Mail Removed). com...

PSU Load tester unholy Case Modding 12 11-01-2008 02:00 PM
Alleviating bouncy bed syndrome? HeyHo Computer Support 20 03-02-2008 05:08 AM
How to: Mod a PSU (Power Supply) Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 17 07-06-2005 06:41 AM
Sunbeam Tech Nuuo 550W PSU @ A True Review Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-22-2005 03:42 AM
AeroCool Turbine Power 550 PSU @ Viperlair Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-21-2005 12:26 AM

Advertisments