Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: XP Installation Problem

Re: XP Installation Problem

John P. Dearing

Hen wrote:
> HI all
> I'm installing a pc that was previously installed .Linux and xp home.
> After deleting the whole partitions(both that of linux and xp)I recreated a
> new one for xp and i tried to install xp but after coping files it reboots
> and searches to boot from CDrom after it stops and says 'no operating found
> to boot or something like operating system missing
> what could be the problem and can be done?

Previous Linux partitions can be a bear to deal with and completely get
rid of.

I have used a utility called AEFDISK in the past. It is a command line
utility now up to version 2.2. You can get it as shareware thru
download.com.

Put it on a Win98 boot disk and use the /DELALL command to completely
and totally wipe a hard drive. It removes all kinds of partitions,
Linux, NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, you name it.

It's $30 to register which gets *all* of the commands operational.

John
--
John P. Dearing
A+, Network+, Server+