Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Publisher Verification

Publisher Verification

Grant Turri-Petrie

Hi All, A client of mine has custom written software running several
applications off a file Linux server (in a peer to peer network - all
clients are XP SP2). To run this software, you put an icon on the clients
desktop which points to the .exe file on the server, click on the icon and
off you go - kind of like terminal services. The problem I have is that
every time you run one of the applications you get an "Open File - Security
Warning" which states that "The publisher could not be verified. Are you
sure that you want to run this software..." then there are two options [Run]
& [Cancel], click on [Run] and the application runs perfectly. Is there
anyway to disable this warning? The usual "Don't show me this again..."
doesn't appear in this window. Any help would be appreciated!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

CG101

I did a google based on the information you posted. The following below my
signature was taken from a message board which i will post. I did not test
it, so I make no warranties.
Next time you run into something like this, you may find that doing a simple
search will get you the information faster than waiting for someone on a
newsgroup to do it for you. Good luck.

Cruz
CompTIA A+ Certified

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...y-warning.html

Open Note Pad and copy/paste the following (including "Windows Registry
Editor Version 5.00"):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]
"CheckExeSignatures"="no"
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Policies\Attachments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre
ntVersion\Policies\Associations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;. bat;
..com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.av i
;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

Save it with these properties:
file name: dlbuble.reg
Save as type: All files
Encoding: ANSI

Now double-click on the file you just made and merge it with your registry.
You may want to make a restore point before trying this.

"Grant Turri-Petrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0ripf.36601$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All, A client of mine has custom written software running several
> applications off a file Linux server (in a peer to peer network - all
> clients are XP SP2). To run this software, you put an icon on the clients
> desktop which points to the .exe file on the server, click on the icon and
> off you go - kind of like terminal services. The problem I have is that
> every time you run one of the applications you get an "Open File -

Security
> Warning" which states that "The publisher could not be verified. Are you
> sure that you want to run this software..." then there are two options

[Run]
> & [Cancel], click on [Run] and the application runs perfectly. Is there
> anyway to disable this warning? The usual "Don't show me this again..."
> doesn't appear in this window. Any help would be appreciated!
> Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!

CG101

addendum: use this one instead (there was a space in both "Current
Version"s...should have seen that before I posted....my bad).
All the other instructions are pretty much valid, though still untested by
me.

Cruz

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]
"CheckExeSignatures"="no"
"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Attach
ments]
"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Associ
ations]
"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;. bat;
..com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.av i
;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

news:i9jpf.39088$(E-Mail Removed)...