Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Brain teaser.

Re: Brain teaser.

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:46:45 GMT, "Emanuel Mandel"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I know this isn't the bulletin to post computer problems waiting to be
>solved, but it might serve as a brain teaser to you A+ guys. OK.
>
>So I have an AMD Duron running at 1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram, 40 GB Hard Drive,
>Windows XP Pro, the board I believe is a mid-range ASUS. 128mb 5500 NVIDIA
>BFG.
>
>But the problem is this: there have been many times when my computer will
>turn on but the display fails to show up on my monitor. I've elimated the
>idea that the monitor is busted by testing it on a different monitor; the
>same thing happens. I've opened the case up and have determined that the
>video card is functioning from what I can gather (the fan is on). Also, from
>what I can gather from the front of my computer, during boot-up it goes
>through it's normal post stage. Beyond that I have no clue why my computer
>would be acting like this. I have a feeling that it might be my power
>supply.... any ideas?

Does at least one monitor have ots own hard-wired video cable, or are
you using the same cable for both? Have you tried another video card?

Tom

Manny

This is the same poster as above just a different Email addy... No I
haven't. I have no other video card that I can install at the
moment.... . However I'm also worried that the problem is somehow
related to the motherboard. I just hope that the AGP slot hasn't been
messed up in some form or fashion.

left brain and right brain permutations pataphor Python 0 06-14-2009 07:14 PM
How well the brain dumps would be? GTS MCSD 1 01-02-2005 11:05 PM
brain dumps Matthew MCSD 40 11-12-2003 08:23 PM
anyway to shutdown these brain dump sites action MCSD 17 10-30-2003 07:41 PM
Re: brain dumps Beoweolf Microsoft Certification 3 07-14-2003 02:38 AM

Advertisments