Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > lazy person wants A+

lazy person wants A+

aaron@omuonline.net

I have worked with computers for a while.

I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
possible.

Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??

I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

SBFan2000

Oh man, are you going to get flamed.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have worked with computers for a while.
>
> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
> possible.
>
> Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??
>
> I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

Adam Leinss

"SBFan2000" <mocaveboyNOSP#(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Oh man, are you going to get flamed.

Nah, just have him pay someone to take the test for him. He's a busy
guy ya know?

Adam

Nil

On 18 Oct 2005, "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
> possible.
>
> Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??

I recommend that you cheat. It's the fastest, easiest way. Try writing
the answers on the inside of your sleeve.

davidson_r2003@yahoo.com

Passed both of exam of A+. Exam was average but you should have the
proper knowledge of everything, no confusion at all. I don't know
anything about it coz i never use testking. Instead i used ucertify.
Simulation test only help you to judge yourself before the test.
Requires you to know the Ins and Outs of Windows as related to hardware
installation and Maintenance. Play around with these things on a home
computer and you will understand them much better. Study is needed with
hands-on practice. A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide (5th
edition) and Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport, Second Edition is
good
book. I didn't study a lot but get passed with good score. Now going
for my next cert exam.

Winter

Your like my son, just graduate for high school and really wants a job. He
can't seen to get out of bed until 2pm. Oh, did I mention he graduated from
high school. IN MAY. You gotta work for things people!!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have worked with computers for a while.
>
> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
> possible.
>
> Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??
>
> I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

Tom MacIntyre

On 18 Oct 2005 14:10:55 -0700, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have worked with computers for a while.
>
>I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
>possible.
>
>Would anyone have any recommendations on what to study??
>
>I heard test kings was g00d, and would test kings be all I need.

Do the Vulcan mind meld with someone who recently scored high.

Tom

Jim Nugent

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have worked with computers for a while.
>
> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
> possible.

Instead of flaming or providing a useless reply, I will say this:
Let's suppose you get your A+ and somehow get a job or start a business.
Often, it's HARD work. I do some consulting, mainly for a local church, and
I got an unwelcome surprise WRT just how much WORK it was.

I am usually under some time constraint because productivity is being lost
when a system/network is down. Computers are often tucked into credenzas or
something, with cables that have hardly any slack, if I have to check
something physically on the box, I often feel more like a plumber under a
sink. Network checkouts often involve computers on different floors, and
running back and forth to check results or install or check cable tester
attachements or crimp connections makes this a "Stairmaster job."

Also sometimes I just plain can't figure out what's wrong, especially with
hardware related startup or intermittent problems and without an inventory
that allows "swap till you drop" troubleshooting, which I don't have (I
don't advocate this approach unless it's the last resort, which it sometimes
is...) I have to admit defeat.

Doing A+ related work is REAL WORK.

Anybody wanna argue and say it's EASY?
--
Jim, MCSE, A+
"Remember, an amateur built the Ark; professionals built the Titanic."

Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:07:06 GMT, "Jim Nugent" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> I have worked with computers for a while.
>>
>> I want my A+ but in all honesty just want to get it as quickly as
>> possible.

>Instead of flaming or providing a useless reply, I will say this:
>Let's suppose you get your A+ and somehow get a job or start a business.
>Often, it's HARD work. I do some consulting, mainly for a local church, and
>I got an unwelcome surprise WRT just how much WORK it was.
>
>I am usually under some time constraint because productivity is being lost
>when a system/network is down. Computers are often tucked into credenzas or
>something, with cables that have hardly any slack, if I have to check
>something physically on the box, I often feel more like a plumber under a
>sink. Network checkouts often involve computers on different floors, and
>running back and forth to check results or install or check cable tester
>attachements or crimp connections makes this a "Stairmaster job."
>
>Also sometimes I just plain can't figure out what's wrong, especially with
>hardware related startup or intermittent problems and without an inventory
>that allows "swap till you drop" troubleshooting, which I don't have (I
>don't advocate this approach unless it's the last resort, which it sometimes
>is...) I have to admit defeat.
>
>Doing A+ related work is REAL WORK.
>
>Anybody wanna argue and say it's EASY?

I was working on my mother's computer on the weekend (a typical
cramped home computer set-up), and mentioned to her how much easier it
would be if I had 15 or so square feet of bench to work on it.

Tom