Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > UK :: Distance Learning the A plus course - price

UK :: Distance Learning the A plus course - price

xbs

Hey

Took the decision to sign up for an A plus course from ICS Learn the other
day, paid out 500 quid for the course :-/

Now that the material arrived, all I seem to have is a CD Rom with some
lessons on in audio/image format.

The software does cover all the A+ topics and has a pre and post test system
that lets you test you knowledge.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but somehow feel a little let down by
this humble CD. Looking around on eBay and also at some books that are out
there - 500 quid suddenly seems a lot of cash. To be fair, you do get tutor
support although I don't know how they would be of use in this type of
course.

I'm no saying that that price is specifically high as other providers charge
around that price, but it just doesn't seem much for your dosh ...

.... has anyone else had experience of this type of learning system or feels
that the cost is high??

Thanks

Simon

Jason Peavey

700 quid is way too much. I live in the US, but I know that british pounds
are worth a lot more than US dollars. And all you need to know is in Mike
Meyers' A+ All in One book, which is maybe 60 US dollars. And then when you
feel confident enough download some sample tests.

I don't know what you got for your money, but at least in my experience....
you've been swindled, my friend from across the pond. :\

"xbs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:yvb5f.144869$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Hey
>
> Took the decision to sign up for an A plus course from ICS Learn the other
> day, paid out 500 quid for the course :-/
>
> Now that the material arrived, all I seem to have is a CD Rom with some
> lessons on in audio/image format.
>
> The software does cover all the A+ topics and has a pre and post test

system
> that lets you test you knowledge.
>
> I'm not sure what I was expecting, but somehow feel a little let down by
> this humble CD. Looking around on eBay and also at some books that are out
> there - 500 quid suddenly seems a lot of cash. To be fair, you do get

tutor
> support although I don't know how they would be of use in this type of
> course.
>
> I'm no saying that that price is specifically high as other providers

charge
> around that price, but it just doesn't seem much for your dosh ...
>
> ... has anyone else had experience of this type of learning system or

feels
> that the cost is high??
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

xbs

"Jason Peavey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> 700 quid is way too much. I live in the US, but I know that british pounds
> are worth a lot more than US dollars. And all you need to know is in Mike
> Meyers' A+ All in One book, which is maybe 60 US dollars. And then when
> you
> feel confident enough download some sample tests.
>
> I don't know what you got for your money, but at least in my
> experience....
> you've been swindled, my friend from across the pond. :\

since got a refiund

Nice

simon

Distance learning samueljustin911 General Computer Support 0 07-16-2009 10:46 AM
Cisco CCNA Course - Full Video Lecture Course -- Movie format nexrider@gmail.com Microsoft Certification 0 08-18-2008 08:43 PM
Distance LEarning Ajay MCDST 1 05-28-2008 10:16 PM
Free eLearning Course offer; Course catalog misrepresenting materi DoubleHelix Microsoft Certification 3 04-09-2008 12:53 PM
distance learning and gatewayit.co.uk Muttley A+ Certification 0 03-02-2006 06:56 PM

Advertisments