Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Passing A+

Passing A+

kenv98@gmail.com

I'm about to write my A+ Core (220-301) and wondering what is needed to
pass. I read CompTia's site but it has something like 515/900. What
does that mean? I heard there are 80 questions. So does that mean you
need to get 57% to pass? That doesn't sound right. Can someone clear
up how it is graded?

Ron Y

You need to score above 515 to pass and 900 is the highest possible score.
There were about 70 something questions on the exam I took, BUT 12 of them
were not scored. The message at the beginning of the exam said they were
for future use or evaluation or something like that. And you have no idea
which 12 are not going to be scored.

Good luck

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I'm about to write my A+ Core (220-301) and wondering what is needed to
> pass. I read CompTia's site but it has something like 515/900. What
> does that mean? I heard there are 80 questions. So does that mean you
> need to get 57% to pass? That doesn't sound right. Can someone clear
> up how it is graded?

JohnO

> I'm about to write my A+ Core (220-301) and wondering what is needed to
> pass. I read CompTia's site but it has something like 515/900. What
> does that mean? I heard there are 80 questions. So does that mean you
> need to get 57% to pass? That doesn't sound right. Can someone clear
> up how it is graded?

The direct answer to your last question is no...nobody can clear up what
515/900 (on a scale that starts at 100, btw) means. I once had a far more
legitimate reason to know, and I asked a CompTIA staffer who DOES know, and
I didn't get an answer.

But, the passing score is indeed around 60%. Number of scored questions is
supposed to be 80. Maybe CompTIA has changed some things since the last
update, as Ron Y mentioned.

-John O

amerikon

I am doing my mock exams and it is split into three phases with three
catagories in each phase.
Each phase has 50 questions with a pass mark of 90%. is this to be
expected in the actual exam?

Ian