Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Problem with USB 2.0 devices in USB 1.1 system

Re: Problem with USB 2.0 devices in USB 1.1 system

Gerard Bok

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:01:03 GMT, Dave Hardenbrook
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm working on a PC with only USB 1.1 support. There's a scanner and an
>external hard drive connected to the USB ports and work fine, but
>whenever I reboot the system while one or both of these devices are
>connected, the system hangs during the POST with a "keyboard" error, as
>though it was mistaking the USB device for a (defective) USB keyboard.
>(The system's actual keyboard is PS/2.) Stranger still, if I warm
>reboot again, even after removing the all USB devices, the "keyboard"
>error persists and will not recognize the real, PS/2 keyboard -- I have
>to shut the power down entirely, wait a few minutes, and power on again
>with no USB devices attached to free up the system.

What you could try is: look in the bios for 'USB keyboard
support' and disable this.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok