Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Dos Command prompt

Dos Command prompt

Richard

I need to open a folder on my xp desktop using dos command prompt. I forgot
the parameter on how to do this. Can anyone give a correct parameter?
C:\>desktop? I think this won't work

Thanks

Steven L Umbach

Use Explorer to find the path to your desktop and you will see that it is
under documents and settings\username\desktop. Use cd to change to a
directory, cd \ to get back to the drive folder and cd.. to go back one
level. For example if your name is jeff use cd "documents and
settings\jeff\desktop to get to your desktop. Dir will display contents of
a folder. --- Steve

news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to open a folder on my xp desktop using dos command prompt. I
>forgot the parameter on how to do this. Can anyone give a correct
>parameter? C:\>desktop? I think this won't work
>
> Thanks

David Hough

Richard wrote:
> I need to open a folder on my xp desktop using dos command prompt. I forgot
> the parameter on how to do this. Can anyone give a correct parameter?
> C:\>desktop? I think this won't work
>
> Thanks

Click on Start, Run, then type "cmd" enter.

janderson@axxonpc.com

"%systemdrive%\%userprofile%\desktop"