Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Printer life, HP 8100

Printer life, HP 8100

Tom MacIntyre

This is about a printer at my place of employment. A technician was in
to service it the other day, and read its logged memory. The printer
has printed 1.5 million sheets in its life, and 188000+ since last
being serviced. That sounds like a pretty impressive accomplishment.
Has anyone seen any other similar instances? Is this normal? Thanks.

Tom

JohnO

> This is about a printer at my place of employment. A technician was in
> to service it the other day, and read its logged memory. The printer
> has printed 1.5 million sheets in its life, and 188000+ since last
> being serviced. That sounds like a pretty impressive accomplishment.
> Has anyone seen any other similar instances? Is this normal? Thanks.

Check the specs on that printer. They usually include one for max suggested
pages per month. My old LaserJet 6MP was rated for 20,000 per month, and
it's a desktop printer. (Actual is about 22,000 pages in five years).
Network printers are probably rated several times higher.

-John O

Tmack

Come on guys. I don't subscribe to this group to read about
people's computer problems. There are other groups for that.

This is a user group for people interested in getting CompTIA A+
certified.

Be fair to the rest of us and subscribe to a help user group.

Thanks

Dim display on Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop. Tech_Zone@canada.com Computer Support 4 07-22-2007 02:48 AM
Laptop Freezes when coming out of Standby on a Dell Inspiron 8100 Nicole Kidman Computer Support 2 07-09-2005 06:24 AM
Toshiba 8100 in Netdock... no sound from line out? Maurice Computer Support 1 09-29-2004 06:25 AM
kenwood dvdt 8100 Andrzej DVD Video 0 06-26-2004 01:13 PM
Sanyo SCP 8100(s) stumpy Computer Support 1 02-20-2004 03:26 AM

Advertisments