Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Word Perfect 11 slow to print

Re: Word Perfect 11 slow to print

Linker3000

smackedass wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A customer has suddenly had trouble printing from Corel WP11. He's going
> via parallel cable from a newer Dell machine to a HP 648C. In particular, a
> 2-page WP document takes about 2 minutes to spool. Once the printing
> begins, it prints at a normal speed, but from the time that you see
> "Preparing the document to print" til it actually begins to print, takes a
> long time.
>
> None of the other applications are slow. In fact, I copied and pasted the
> contents of the aforementioned document into a Microsoft Word document, and
> there was no delay, at all.
>
> What I have tried:
>
> -I was able to print the document from his wife's computer, no problem, it
> printed at normal speed.
>
> -Went to the Corel site, and tried a bunch of stuff like, went to msconfig,
> hid all Microsoft services, disabled all; went to System
> Properties/Performance/Settings/Advanced, changed Adjust for Best
> Performance to Background Services (from Programs). No go.
>
> -Tried a different IEEE1284 compliant parallel cable
>
> -There's no spyware or viruses.
>
> Regretfully, the one thing that I DIDN'T try was to uninstall/re-install the
> Corel suite. That's next on the docket...also will try printing from USB
> rather than parallel.
>
> (May have answered my own question...)
>
> Any suggestions? Anyone live through this?
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> smackedass

If his wife's PC is also running the same version of Corel and it prints
OK, I'd first compare printer driver settings but I'd also look at
installed/available RAM and free disk space. Maybe a defrag too?

returnoftheyeti@aol.com

I ran into this before, i cant remember exactly what the fix is, but
there is a setting in Corel that needs to be tweaked. Its a sub-level
or 2 down from the main print menu. Its really annoying.

If I had WP installed here I'd try to find it again. I have it at
work, i'll loke tomorrow and post back