Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Dying Hard Drive?

Dying Hard Drive?

Dave Hardenbrook

Just a quick update: I told my client today that the AOL 9.0
installation had probably trashed Windows, and that I planned to
reinstall everything from Gateway's restore disks, as well as replace
the CMOS battery. After discussing it with her, she decided to junk the
system and buy a new one -- She's going for a Dell with WinXP.

Thanks everyone for your input.

--
Dave

JohnO

>she decided to junk the
> system and buy a new one

That old machine is a perfectly good web browsing/email machine...just what
the kids need. Restore it anyway, and load all the necessary adware/spyware
tools, and let 'em loose.

(tell her to load those tools on the new machine before doing ANYTHING
else...)

-John O

Dying Hard Drive Question Joe Computer Support 6 02-14-2006 04:41 PM
My Hard Drives Keep Dying...why? 2812837@gmail.com Computer Support 8 12-02-2005 07:23 AM
My Hard Drives Keep Dying...why? 2812837@gmail.com Computer Support 0 11-28-2005 08:43 AM
Dying hard drive gb Computer Support 2 12-21-2004 03:44 AM
Hard Drive Dying? Scribner Computer Support 5 04-12-2004 04:47 AM

Advertisments