Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Motherboard brand question/laptop questions

Re: Motherboard brand question/laptop questions

Pat

Glenn wrote:
> Pass. Whatever you're paying is too much. The MB is is made for that
> machine. his "almost new" is over a year old or it would still be in
> warranty. How does he know the MB is bad. The ONLY way you can tell is
> swap it with a new one. Glenn

That's a good point. It could be a lot of different things at this
point (bad CPU, power issues, etc.) And that's assuming he has ruled
out the possibility of bad RAM or a bad hard drive. On a laptop, I'd
rather not swap stuff out until the problem is evident. Not worth the
time and especially not worth $300.