Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Taking A+ hardware next weekend...

Taking A+ hardware next weekend...

Dark Raven

I've been a tech/network engineer for over 5 years now, but am only
now getting around to taking the A+ exam. I've used the Sybex book
for preparation. Any comments on that? The sample tests I've taken
seem to give wildly ranging results. The cert21 tests are all fails,
but they ask questions that are not on the test, and from the way it
looks, plenty of them. MeasureUP passes me at about 88%, and I
totally 0wn3d simulation exams. This test sounds like it's going to
be really hard, even for someone that's been doing this for years.

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:31:26 GMT, Dark Raven <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've been a tech/network engineer for over 5 years now, but am only
>now getting around to taking the A+ exam. I've used the Sybex book
>for preparation. Any comments on that? The sample tests I've taken
>seem to give wildly ranging results. The cert21 tests are all fails,
>but they ask questions that are not on the test, and from the way it
>looks, plenty of them. MeasureUP passes me at about 88%, and I
>totally 0wn3d simulation exams. This test sounds like it's going to
>be really hard, even for someone that's been doing this for years.

I think you are wise to be concerned. How do the practice tests you
are using compare in content to CompTIA's outline for the hardware
test?

Tom

rainman

kronos1962@yahoo.com

I made a visit to cert21 practice test and some questions were way off
the wall. I know they are not in the CompTIA's objectives. So I would
not worry about it.

Dark Raven

On 20 Jun 2005 06:47:49 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I made a visit to cert21 practice test and some questions were way off
>the wall. I know they are not in the CompTIA's objectives. So I would
>not worry about it.

So I noticed... while some of them were useful to know because they
were so current. There was a lot of useless stuff like DVD encoding
formats that isn't on the exam. I know all the CD-encoding ones, but
none of the books and stuff I've seen has dealt with DVD encoding. I
had to reschedule it for the 9th though because I mistakenly thought
that the 24th was a Saturday when it's actually the 25th, which
they're closed on, so I have a bit more time to memorize my tables and
stuff.

Taking the BSCI course next week Mikhael47 Cisco 1 07-19-2007 06:07 AM
Taking OS and Hardware exams Friday and I'm worried... Pseudopath A+ Certification 1 09-09-2006 01:07 PM
Taking 70-270 Next Week Andrew MCSE 50 01-24-2006 06:08 PM
Difference in module_eval taking block vs. taking string (1.8 bug?) Jim Cain Ruby 1 07-18-2003 02:01 AM

Advertisments