Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Is he on the right track to pass?

Is he on the right track to pass?

gripchimp

Hi there,

I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my partner.
He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything on
the guide.
My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the Exam
Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that it
seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!

Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need to
know

Thanks very much in advance for helping.

Grippeh.

Pat

gripchimp wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my partner.
> He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
> guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
> understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
> him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
> problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
> about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
> Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
> the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
> again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything on
> the guide.
> My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
> certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
> to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
> until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the Exam
> Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
> half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that it
> seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
>
> Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
> to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
> really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need to
> know
>
> Thanks very much in advance for helping.
>
> Grippeh.

If he knows Mike Meyers cover-to-cover, I'm sure he'll do fine. If he
took it right now, he'd probably pass. It never hurts to overstudy though.

rainman

leno bob

testking and your book should do just fine

"rainman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> gripchimp wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my

partner.
> > He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In

One
> > guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
> > understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently

bought
> > him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
> > problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous

details
> > about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth

than
> > Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since

downloaded
> > the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
> > again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything

on
> > the guide.
> > My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to

get
> > certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2

cover
> > to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to

wait
> > until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the

Exam
> > Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who

has
> > half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes

that it
> > seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
> >
> > Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really

afford
> > to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
> > really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need

> > know
> >
> > Thanks very much in advance for helping.
> >
> > Grippeh.
> >

> If the All-in-one book is the Fifth Edition (and possibly even if it's
> not), he should be good. It's what I used to study (after reading it
> cover to cover, I realized I didn't really need to study) and I aced the
> exams... just today actually.
>
> Rainman

lizzieb

Wow I am impressed! I did mean to read it cover to cover but didn't quite do
it all but still passed. So he will definately be fine.

Liz
"gripchimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d85c7q$244$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my
> partner.
> He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
> guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
> understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
> him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
> problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
> about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
> Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
> the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
> again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything
> on
> the guide.
> My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
> certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
> to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
> until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the
> Exam
> Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
> half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that
> it
> seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
>
> Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
> to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
> really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need
> know
>
> Thanks very much in advance for helping.
>
> Grippeh.

Jamco

I'll agree with the group, I used Mike Meyes, learned most of it, then got
the exam cram guide. Kind of freaked out when I saw how much more indepth
it went...learned all of it anyways, then wrote the test...
I then complete regreted spending all that time studying, the test was a
joke

"gripchimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d85c7q$244$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
> Hi there,
>
> I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my
> partner.
> He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
> guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
> understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
> him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
> problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
> about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
> Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
> the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
> again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything
> on
> the guide.
> My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
> certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
> to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
> until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the
> Exam
> Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
> half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that
> it
> seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
>
> Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
> to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
> really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need
> know
>
> Thanks very much in advance for helping.
>
> Grippeh.

rainman

What do you mean by "old exam"?

Rainman

ML Foley wrote:
> I also have read Mike Meyers All In One A+ 5th edition cover to cover,
> twice! I also read Exam Cram 2 and thought this title a little outdated.
> The Meyer's book is all he needs. The one small criticism I have of the book
> is that on the OS side he doesn't cover OS upgrades very well. Know the
> difference between winnt.exe and winnt32.exe, I was asked this question
> three different ways when I took the tests last week. Another question that
> tripped me up was one about "Can Windows 2000 Server be installed without a
> network card?". There were a lot of networking questions that the Meyers
> book did cover and I passed both exams on the same day. I also found the
> practice exam questions on this site a big help: http://www.mcmcse.com/.
> I'm know reading Meyers All in One Network+ guide in preparation for the
> Network + exam on 6/30/05, last day for the old exam.
> ML Foley
>

> "gripchimp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d85c7q$244$(E-Mail Removed)-infra.bt.com...
>
>>Hi there,
>>
>>I hope you all don't mind me posting but I'm a bit worried about my
>>partner.
>>He is studying for A+ and has been using the latest Mike Meyers All In One
>>guide book, 1000+ page monster He knows it cover to cover and
>>understands all the concepts etc fully. The problem is we recently bought
>>him A+ Exam Cram 2 (Edited by Ed Tittel) and this has caused no end of
>>problems. The trouble is this new book goes into such horrendous details
>>about electronics and physics and is basically 10 times more in depth than
>>Mike Meyers and written almost nothing like it. We have since downloaded
>>the CramSession A+ Hardware guide and that is more like Mike Meyers and
>>again my partner is comfortable with that and knows virtually everything
>>on
>>the guide.
>>My question is, knowing Mike Meyers cover to cover, is this enough to get
>>certified, or should my partner be more comfortable with Exam Cram 2 cover
>>to cover with all it's science and physics babble? He luckily has to wait
>>until November to take the exams so does have time I guess to learn the
>>Exam
>>Cram stuff, but is it really needed, from my standpoint as someone who has
>>half studied Mike Meyers it seems so above and beyond what MM writes that
>>it
>>seems like it's for a different exam entirely, a physics one!
>>
>>Any input would be great, we are both worried here and can't really afford
>>to waste 200 on exams if Mikey Meyers book isn't enough and my partner
>>really needs all this science and physics stuff to pass. We really need
>>know
>>
>>Thanks very much in advance for helping.
>>
>>Grippeh.

rainman

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
Am I on the right track? =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?= MCSE 3 12-08-2004 04:55 AM
On the right track? =?Utf-8?B?bm9yZWFzdGVy?= MCSE 5 04-12-2004 05:18 PM
Which track is right for me? Dave Marden Microsoft Certification 5 02-06-2004 04:49 PM

Advertisments