Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Turn computer off? Or leave on?

Re: Turn computer off? Or leave on?

Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 25 May 2005 00:05:37 GMT, "smackedass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello again,
>
>What do you recommend? And/or, what do you do? And, why?
>
>My customers keep asking me this, and I'm ashamed to say, I don't have any
>solid answers.
>
>My stock reply: it doesn't make much of a difference, although I wouldn't
>leave it on ALL the time, or turn it off every time that I was done using
>it.
>
>Thanks, again, in advance.

I have heard recommendations to leave on unless it'll be unused and/or
unattended for extended periods. The rationale is that the changes in
temperature create multiple expansion/contraction situations which
potentially lead to failure.

Tom