Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Ultimate Boot Disk

Ultimate Boot Disk

Andrew

Hi

What's going on at StartDisk.com??

Every time I download a copy of the "Ultimate Boot Disk", my Norton
Antivirus finds a WipeCMOS virus in the file.

I'd like to try this thing out. Meyers recommends it in his All-In-One
Certification book.

Does anyone know a safe site?

I've tried several other websites. They ALL have the virus...

thx
Andrew

Atxa

Hi,

The Ultimate Boot Disk is safe, but Norton advice you, that WipeCMOS
could be a dangerous file (it could be use by a hacker who want to reset
your CMOS password).

WipeCMOS is not a virus.

You should desactivate your Norton when downloading this disk, and
activate it after.

Bye