Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > an email question

an email question

me

Recently I have been trying to communicate with a friend who is in a distant
county. The person recently took a trip. I have repeatedly tried today to
send an email to this person, but from the look of the header information
the email is being forwarded from the webmail account on, to another server
which is actively refusing theconnection and thus my email is being bounced
back to me undeliverable. I have written the tech guys but so far nada. It
does not matter from where I send the message--it is always bounced back as
undeliverable. I have also tried direct emailing of the address my emails
are being forwarded to, prior to being bounced--and still the report says
that the connection is refused. I have tried this from several webmail
accounts and from my primary account as well, and nada.

Bottom line--does anyone have any clue why a mail server would do this?

dave

me wrote:
> Recently I have been trying to communicate with a friend who is in a distant
> county. The person recently took a trip. I have repeatedly tried today to
> send an email to this person, but from the look of the header information
> the email is being forwarded from the webmail account on, to another server
> which is actively refusing theconnection and thus my email is being bounced
> back to me undeliverable. I have written the tech guys but so far nada. It
> does not matter from where I send the message--it is always bounced back as
> undeliverable. I have also tried direct emailing of the address my emails
> are being forwarded to, prior to being bounced--and still the report says
> that the connection is refused. I have tried this from several webmail
> accounts and from my primary account as well, and nada.
>
> Bottom line--does anyone have any clue why a mail server would do this?

Probably because your mail server is recognised as one
of the rules of the foriegn mail server spam filter as
one of ip's that are untrustworthy.

You can't get around that, unless you can log onto another
mail server that isn't on the restriction list.

Good luck