Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Any practice test suggestions for the A-plus O/S exam?

Any practice test suggestions for the A-plus O/S exam?

Dave

This is my first post to this newsgroup so let me give a big HELLO to y'all.

I passed the hardware exam some time ago. I started with Mike Meyer's
excellent book. Along with the few practice exams that come with it, I
purchased eight extra and a pair of test vouchers. I found the book better
than the practice exams so in addition I purchased a set of questions from
exactquestions.com. They stood me in very good stead and I had no trouble
passing the hardware part.

BTW, I found the PDF containing the raw questions more useful than the test
engine they sell. Although I did have to 'dot' out all the answers because
they follow each question and, obviously, I didn't want to see the answers
before finishing each test. A necessary hassle, I suppose.

So now that I'm getting ready to take the software part, I purchased a set
of 500 questions from exactquestions.com. However, I suspect they're fairly
out of date. For instance, I did a search for XP and came up with two hits.
Out of 500 questions. A search for WIN-95, however, yielded 32 hits. What's
wrong with this picture? Also I searched for the following terms: 802.11,
wireless, WEP, WPA, SSID. All yielded zilch.

Has anyone had a similar experience and/or can anyone recommend some good
practice exams? I prefer hardcopy rather than test engine as it gives me
more control of the testing. Also a BSOD 55 minutes into the exam (which HAS
happened to me) won't set me back to square zero.

I appreciate any comments you may have.

Best regards,

Dave March

ItalianPcSpeck

testking the best one b
bye

marco

news:ujude.6443$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is my first post to this newsgroup so let me give a big HELLO to
> y'all.
>
> I passed the hardware exam some time ago. I started with Mike Meyer's
> excellent book. Along with the few practice exams that come with it, I
> purchased eight extra and a pair of test vouchers. I found the book better
> than the practice exams so in addition I purchased a set of questions from
> exactquestions.com. They stood me in very good stead and I had no trouble
> passing the hardware part.
>
> BTW, I found the PDF containing the raw questions more useful than the
> test engine they sell. Although I did have to 'dot' out all the answers
> because they follow each question and, obviously, I didn't want to see the
> answers before finishing each test. A necessary hassle, I suppose.
>
> So now that I'm getting ready to take the software part, I purchased a set
> of 500 questions from exactquestions.com. However, I suspect they're
> fairly out of date. For instance, I did a search for XP and came up with
> two hits. Out of 500 questions. A search for WIN-95, however, yielded 32
> hits. What's wrong with this picture? Also I searched for the following
> terms: 802.11, wireless, WEP, WPA, SSID. All yielded zilch.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience and/or can anyone recommend some good
> practice exams? I prefer hardcopy rather than test engine as it gives me
> more control of the testing. Also a BSOD 55 minutes into the exam (which
> HAS happened to me) won't set me back to square zero.
>
> I appreciate any comments you may have.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dave March

kronos1962@yahoo.com

TestKing and Exam Cram are good. Don't purchase just download off P2P.

RonRice@newyorkcity.com

Hi,

You can try the ucertify practice questions. I think they are great.