Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Q-Recovery

Q-Recovery

Andrew

Hello everyone,

I'm reading Meyers' A+ Certification Exam Guide. On page 656, he
writes that his favorite restore utility for Windows 98 is Q-Recovery
from Hyper-Q. I went to the web site and found that "Q-Recovery has
been discontinued on January 1, 2004 and is no longer being sold.
Support for Q-Recovery will be discontinued on March 30, 2004."

It's possible to find a cracked serial number for this product on the
internet.

My question is... Is it legal to use it?

Could I install this program & serial number on a customer's
computer?

Thx, Andrew

Grant Robertson

In article <26be9$42745f2a$455da0d2$(E-Mail Removed) m>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid says...
> It's possible to find a cracked serial number for this product on the
> internet.
>
> My question is... Is it legal to use it?

Generally not. Just because they stop printing a book does not mean the
copyright has run out. It is still the property of someone.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, the author or vendor will make a product
freeware or open source when they go out of business. For instance, the
newsreader I use, Gravity, was released as freeware by the author when he
stopped official development and support. But you rarely ever see this
happen.

kronos1962@yahoo.com

Acronis True Image is much better and well supported.

MF

Could you do it? Yes. Is is legal? No.

news:26be9$42745f2a$455da0d2$11931@allthenewsgroup s.com...