Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Windows security Update CD needed Help

Windows security Update CD needed Help

Lizzieb

Lizzieb wrote:

> I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
> released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
> October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

is
> unavailable now and it was free!
> Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
> Thanks
> Lizzieb

Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.

Thanks
Liz

mhaase-at-springmind.com

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:17:41 -0700, "Lizzieb" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Lizzieb wrote:
>
>> I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
>> released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
>> October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

>is
>> unavailable now and it was free!
>> Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
>> Thanks
>> Lizzieb

>Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
>systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
>you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.
>
>Thanks
>Liz

If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
one. Remove the double letters for my email:

mmaarrkk@@tteeccwwoorrxx.ccoomm

Spammy Sammy

"mhaase-at-springmind.com" <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
> one. Remove the double letters for my email:

Hi.

Is there any way this could be put up somewhere for download?

Rgds.

lizzieb

Hi - hopefully I shall get a copy soon and shall see about putting a copy up
somewhere somehow.

"Spammy Sammy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4278cb6a$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "mhaase-at-springmind.com" <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
>> one. Remove the double letters for my email:

> Hi.
>
> Is there any way this could be put up somewhere for download?
>
> Rgds.

mhaase-at-springmind.com

On Thu, 5 May 2005 12:23:32 -0700 , Barry Watzman
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Expect a letter from a Microsoft attorney if you post it.

Really? I wouldn't think they'd care as they gave it away for free,
as they do with the updates it contains. On top of that, they
actually *want* peoples machines to be patched....

Why do you think they'd obeject?

>Also, while the post originally asked for the October 2003 version,
>there was an even later version in Feb. 2004. It is invaluable, in part
>becuase it updates Windows 98, NT and 2000 as well as XP.
>

>lizzieb wrote:
>
>> Hi - hopefully I shall get a copy soon and shall see about putting a copy up
>> somewhere somehow.
>>
>> "Spammy Sammy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4278cb6a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>"mhaase-at-springmind.com" <mhaase-at-springmind.com@> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>>Hi.
>>>
>>>Is there any way this could be put up somewhere for download?
>>>
>>>Rgds.

What's in a Name?

mhaase-at-springmind.com wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:17:41 -0700, "Lizzieb" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Lizzieb wrote:
>>

>>>I keep wishing I had a copy of Windows Security Update CD. Microsoft
>>>released this free last year and it contains all security updates through
>>>October 2003 for Windows 98, 98se, Millennium, 2000 and XP. However it

>>is
>>
>>>unavailable now and it was free!
>>>Has anyone in the UK got a copy they could send me?
>>>Thanks
>>>Lizzieb

>>Can I throw this open to the world? The CD would really help as most of the
>>systems I repair are 98/ME and although you tell customers to update windows
>>you know they probably won't. Will pay postage if necessary.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Liz

> If you haven't gotten one yet, send me your address, and I'll mail you
> one. Remove the double letters for my email:
>
> mmaarrkk@@tteeccwwoorrxx.ccoomm

you can send it using http://www.yousendit.com/
-max