Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Need suggestions on boot level virus/malware/data tools

Need suggestions on boot level virus/malware/data tools

vertech

Hi All,
I recently passed my A+ exam and I am starting to put together tool
sets for dealing with Viruses, Malware, and Data Recovery, mostly for
none bootable systems or severly hindered systems.

Some of the tools I have come across so far that seem to be pretty
good are Knoppix (Bootable CD Version) for Data Recovery (works
great with NTFS partitions and USB devices) and Ultimate Windows Boot
CD for dealing with Viruses and Malware. I like these tools as they
are free. Anyone have any feedback on using these? Good, bad, or
otherwse? How about some additional suggestions, preferrably ones
that are inexpensive or free.

Thanks,
Vertech