Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: hi and A+ exam comments

Re: hi and A+ exam comments

Dave Hardenbrook

In article <hxt8e.8159$(E-Mail Removed). net>,
> After studying like a madman for months and being 98% sure of all the info
> that I *thought* would be on the test, they went and through questions at me
> that were in the 2% I didn't study. Mainly network cables lengths and their
> signal lengths and other oddball questions.

This is the main thing giving me anxiety about the exams -- I'm getting
the impression that instead of testing you on practical knowledge, they
quiz you on memorizing cable lengths, archaic CPU standards, and other
things amounting to the PC equivalent of memorizing all the
Kings of England and the years of their reigns. I'm not good at
memorizing a lot of disjointed names and numbers. It's only because of
"Schoolhouse Rock" that I ever managed to memorize the multiplication
tables.