Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > About the tests

About the tests

Henry

Passed the core test last friday, now I am polishing my skills for the OS
part.

Just wondering, is the test more focused on win 9x/NT? Here in Norway most
systems use XP, it's been a long time since I had my fingers in win 98...

Henry

spamsux@yomomma.com

Took the test today. Lots of XP based questions. There is still 9X stuff,
mainly the config files. The XP questions tend to be utility questions.
Sucks too, as I use Xp as little as possible, only managed to get a 717.

Kristopher

"Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d3tcqg$np4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Passed the core test last friday, now I am polishing my skills for the OS
> part.
>
> Just wondering, is the test more focused on win 9x/NT? Here in Norway most
> systems use XP, it's been a long time since I had my fingers in win 98...
>
> Henry

John P. Dearing

Henry wrote:
> Passed the core test last friday, now I am polishing my skills for the OS
> part.
>
> Just wondering, is the test more focused on win 9x/NT? Here in Norway most
> systems use XP, it's been a long time since I had my fingers in win 98...

You can get the test objectives directly from www.comptia.org.

The current A+ O/S objectives cover Win9x, Windows 200 Professional and
Windows XP Professional.

The Win 9x part will be Windows 98 (and SE) as well as Windows Millenium
Edition.

There might be a "smattering" of Windows NT 4 stuff but that would be
things that are common to *all* NT based O/S's. Like the files necessary
for a successful startup, etc....

Many folks are reporting a preponderance of Windows XP Professional
questions. This is to be expected, since XP is, after all, the current
corporate desktop O/S (along with Win2000 Pro).

Good luck!!

John
--
John P. Dearing
A+, Network+, Server+

vertech

I just took the OS test last Thursday and it was mostly focused on XP
and 2K. There are still some 98 and ME questions on there as well.
The test also had a fair number of cmd line questions, so know those
as well.