Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Working for yourself as a PC tech

Re: Working for yourself as a PC tech

Breedo

Would anyone be willing to share the form or waiver they have their
customers sign? I've been very concerned about this issue since I first
started thinking about starting a business. Whether or not a customer
backs-up their data on a regular basis, I can always do a back-up or image
for them (with a charge for my time, of course). However, if you have to
open up the system there's always an inherent risk that something could
happen, even with the best precautions. Has anyone ever faced a situation
where a component on a customer's system was fried or failed to work
properly after they took standard precautions? What was the outcome?

Thanks,
-Breedo_

AG

"Breedo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Zp9ne.7547$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Would anyone be willing to share the form or waiver they have their
> customers sign? I've been very concerned about this issue since I first
> started thinking about starting a business. Whether or not a customer
> backs-up their data on a regular basis, I can always do a back-up or image
> for them (with a charge for my time, of course). However, if you have to
> open up the system there's always an inherent risk that something could
> happen, even with the best precautions. Has anyone ever faced a situation
> where a component on a customer's system was fried or failed to work
> properly after they took standard precautions? What was the outcome?
>
> Thanks,
> -Breedo_

Do a Google groups search. I know several have been posted. I didn't save
any of them.

AG