Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Floppy Problem

Re: Floppy Problem

Tom MacIntyre

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:44:09 GMT, "smackedass"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, my thanks again to all, my own "duh", I now don't believe that it's a
>power supply problem, rather a floppy controller problem, 'cuz the LIGHTS TO
>THE FLOPPY (duh) ARE SOLID GREEN. Yes, it still may be a PS problem, but as
>pointed out to me by AG, the floppy drive is getting (continuous?) power.
>Tried the cable both ways, and the floppy drive can't read.
>
>Customer seems to not be wholly concerned that the floppy drive doesn't
>work, the good news.

Interesting...I guess that's why Dell computers have floppies as an
add-on option. Perrsonally, I still use them occasionally.

Tom

>Thanks, again, to all who have responded. Now see my new post, soon to be
>seen regarding a DUN problem with this same very machine.
>
>smackedass

Captain Lon

I had a problem with sound on an Emachine once, drivers did not help. Put
in a PCI sound card and move on. That is what I am doing from now on. It
is faster and cheaper if you can't diagnose or repair problem quickly.

PS. Changing my moniker from Lonny B to Captain Lon

--
Captain Lon

"Rock stars! Is there anything they don't know?" Homer Simpson

news:%S_5e.6434$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...