Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: While we're talking about spyware...

Re: While we're talking about spyware...

Patrick Michael

"smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8cf1e.9240$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> ...do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
>
> "AOL is spyware"

<rant>I'm still baffled by the whole concept of "AOL Broadband." I'm
absolutely in disbelief that there are people out there willing to pay extra
money for bloatware when they already have a fast, direct connection to the
internet. It's not as if this is 1996 and some major content is "only
available on AOL." Hell, some content like newsgroups *isn't* available on
AOL. I'm surprised they didn't tank with the advent of broadband. I guess
there really is a sucker born every minute.</rant>

«BONEHEAD>>

"Patrick Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:8cf1e.9240$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>> ...do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
>>
>> "AOL is spyware"

> <rant>I'm still baffled by the whole concept of "AOL Broadband." I'm
> absolutely in disbelief that there are people out there willing to pay
> extra money for bloatware when they already have a fast, direct connection
> to the internet. It's not as if this is 1996 and some major content is
> "only available on AOL." Hell, some content like newsgroups *isn't*
> available on AOL. I'm surprised they didn't tank with the advent of
> broadband. I guess there really is a sucker born every minute.</rant>

Don't forget MSN... I know people that still send then $25 a month on top
of the DSL rate... (same guy that comes to a poker game and says he doesn't
have money to chip in for beer)...

--
<B0N3H3@D>

Patrick Michael

"Gaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42471029$0$67358$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Patrick Michael wrote:
>> "smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:8cf1e.9240$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>>> ...do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
>>>
>>> "AOL is spyware"

>> <rant>I'm still baffled by the whole concept of "AOL Broadband." I'm
>> absolutely in disbelief that there are people out there willing to
>> pay extra money for bloatware when they already have a fast, direct
>> connection to the internet. It's not as if this is 1996 and some
>> major content is "only available on AOL." Hell, some content like
>> newsgroups *isn't* available on AOL. I'm surprised they didn't tank
>> with the advent of broadband. I guess there really is a sucker born
>> every minute.</rant>

> In the UK AOL is one of the few big name broadband providers to give you
> unlimited downloads, at a reasonable price. You dont even need to have aol
> installed to logon to aol broadband, just use your aol username and
> password in the dialup/router box.

I guess it's different ib the UK. Over here, I believe "AOL Broadband" is
generally when you pay for an internet connection to an ISP (cable or DSL)
and then pay extra money on top of that to AOL to use their crappy services.