Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > compaq 1201z laptop

compaq 1201z laptop

spetes

The battery in my compaq laptop was completely dead. I removed it from
the system. So if it should run properly without a battery, (AC only)
here is the symptom I need help with. Using just AC power, when I boot
the computer (XP-SP2) it runs for about 10 minutes, then shuts down by
itself. This 10 minutes may vary from 5 minutes to an hour or two. This
happens whether someone is working on it or it is idle. It also happens
whether it is logged into windows, or even while running chkdsk on
startup. I can actually hear the hard drive power down, and the screen
goes blank
Any ideas???
BTW i also bought a brand new power supply, and got the same results.
Pete