Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > How much time to complete both exams?

How much time to complete both exams?

walterbyrd@iname.com

After completing one of the two A+ certification exams, how much time
would I have to complete the second A+ certification exams, and thereby
complete the requirements for the certification?

Also, I really wish comptia would make that sort of information easier
to find on their website.

Jamco

i think you get something stupid like 90 minutes.
It took me less then 1 hour to register and write BOTH tests, so time should
not be an issue

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> After completing one of the two A+ certification exams, how much time
> would I have to complete the second A+ certification exams, and thereby
> complete the requirements for the certification?
>
> Also, I really wish comptia would make that sort of information easier
> to find on their website.

walterbyrd@iname.com

I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
you have to complete the exam.

The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
days.

Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
take the other exam and complete the certification?

Jason

honestly im not too sure but its gotta be longer than 2 months. i am
currently in a vocational school right now and completed the first half
of the exam about 3 weeks ago. now i am studying for OS and am about 2
weeks away from taking the next exam. are you thinking of taking a
sabbatical or sumthing and coming back to complete the next half lol
j/k but in all honestly unless your planning on going away for a LONG
time your should be fine.

Jason

Patrick Michael

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
> you have to complete the exam.
>
> The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
> much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
> days.
>
> Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
> take the other exam and complete the certification?

You'll have a very long, but indeterminite, amount of time. The only
problem you'd ever run into is if they updated the A+ exams...then they'd
have a grace period (probably about 6 months after it's announced) to
complete the second part before you had to take both of them again. Seeing
as how they updated the tests relatively recently, you shouldn't run into
this problem. As long as you aren't planning to take 2 years off between
tests, I wouldn't worry about it.

John P. Dearing

> I'm sorry I must not have been clear. I don't mean how many minutes do
> you have to complete the exam.
>
> The A+ exam has two parts, to complete the certification, both parts
> much be completed within a certain number of days. I think it may be 30
> days.
>
> Let's suppose I take one test today 03-Feb-05. How long will I have to
> take the other exam and complete the certification?

The official answer is that the old 90 day time limit is gone. You must
pass both exams from the same set of objectives though.

Right now A+ is using the 2003 objectives. As long as both exams are
from the 2003 objectives, you're ok.

I would say you have plenty of time to pass both exams before the
objectives would change again.

That said, it seems like A+ might be getting due for a freshening up
sometime in the next 18 months or so. That's if they stick with the 3
year cycle like the past two "updates" to A+.

One change was in 2000. The most recent in 2003. Is 2006 next???

Just thinking out loud......

John
--
John P. Dearing
A+, Network+, Server+

walterbyrd@iname.com

> The official answer is that the old 90 day time limit is gone. You

must
> pass both exams from the same set of objectives though.

You are probably right. But, is there any way you could provide a link,
or another source? I want to be careful about this.