Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Sharing a Locally, Cable Connected Printer With A Wireless Computer...

Re: Sharing a Locally, Cable Connected Printer With A Wireless Computer...

Patrick Michael

"smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zfQKd.1889$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> Hello,
>
> Am considering sharing a locally, cable-connected printer with a
> wirelessly
> connected computer over the wireless LAN.
>
> The computer that has the connected printer to be shared is also connected
> wirelessly to the LAN, but is connected to the printer by USB.
>
> Does this usually work well? Is it reliable? In theory, it should work
> as
> well as anything else, but...
>
> Has anyone done this? Any thoughts?
>
> I know how to do this, but am wondering if it's going to be worth my
> aggravations and efforts.
>
> Thanks, in advance.

It's not really much of a headache to set it up, at least if you have
Windows XP/2000. I've never tried it with earlier operating systems, but
all you have to do is have file and printer sharing on, and have the one
printer shared.