Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > window xp media edition keeps restart

window xp media edition keeps restart

Richard

I just recently built friend a system with:

Intel P4 3.0g hert
MSI PT880 Motherboard
ATI 9600XT video card
250 maxtor hard drive
Toshiba 8x dvd burner
hp all in one 2510 printer(Anyone have any problem with this printer
because I suspect it might be the this printer driver because it is
quick big 370mg)
Window xp media edition

However, the system keep restart everytime I play a video file. I
Install all drivers updates from hardware manufacture website for all
of the hardware, but that does not seem to solve the problem. Finally,
I changed the Ram from PC 3200 512g to PC2700 256mg. Then, the restart
problem did not happen again for a couple of days. But now it happens
again. Once in a while when I am on my dial up internet, the system
automatically restart. when it start up, it gives me an error message
saying "system just recover from a serious error". I check the log
file on the error report to see where the error is and the error report
say this 2 files will be sent to microsoft if i want to send. In the
error log files are two files:

C:\docume~1\Richard~/locals~1temp\wer1bca.dir00\mini010405.03.dmp

C:\docume~1\Richard~/locals~1temp\\wer1bca.dir00\sysdata.xml
Please help

returnoftheyeti@aol.com

cncmomma

http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...rticleid=21091

Article from Smart Computing

Explains sysdata.xml/minidump errors and provides solutions. Hope it
helps. Good Luck!