Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > compaq question

compaq question

me

Got a question that I can't seem to find the answer for, and I have spoken
with a "tech" from Hewlett Packard and the link they sent me to was dead, so
I am at a loss.

My question is this: I have a new compaq presario with approximately a 32Gb
drive. I want to completely remove that drive and install a newer, larger
drive, however my problem begins when I go to take the drive out--one side
of the case is completely riveted shut, with no seeable method to remove it,
and there is not enough distance between the inside section of the drive and
the side of the case to slip a screwdriver in. Does anyone know how to
remove the case without damaging it, or how to remove the drive itself?

I have been to the Hp website and like all other aspects of HP--it is
useless. I use the computer because it was basically free, and I did a few
minor things to it and it now works great--unusual for an Hp... The link to
the PDF file containging instructions on part removal, and case removal was
a dead link--the pdf finished downloading, but there was nothing in it. I
can't seem to find an Html version anywhere, so does anyone have any
ideas--other than cutting or damaging the case, or throwing the entire
computer out--both are not an option........

Any help appreciated.

AG

If it's that hard to get it out either leave it there as a secondary or just
unplug it and abandon it in place.

AG
"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lKHwd.10873$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Got a question that I can't seem to find the answer for, and I have spoken
> with a "tech" from Hewlett Packard and the link they sent me to was dead,
> so
> I am at a loss.
>
> My question is this: I have a new compaq presario with approximately a
> 32Gb
> drive. I want to completely remove that drive and install a newer, larger
> drive, however my problem begins when I go to take the drive out--one
> side
> of the case is completely riveted shut, with no seeable method to remove
> it,
> and there is not enough distance between the inside section of the drive
> and
> the side of the case to slip a screwdriver in. Does anyone know how to
> remove the case without damaging it, or how to remove the drive itself?
>
> I have been to the Hp website and like all other aspects of HP--it is
> useless. I use the computer because it was basically free, and I did a
> few
> minor things to it and it now works great--unusual for an Hp... The link
> the PDF file containging instructions on part removal, and case removal
> was
> a dead link--the pdf finished downloading, but there was nothing in it. I
> can't seem to find an Html version anywhere, so does anyone have any
> ideas--other than cutting or damaging the case, or throwing the entire
> computer out--both are not an option........
>
> Any help appreciated.

Bum

"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:41c350f5$0$19030
$(E-Mail Removed):

> compaq presario

Which Presario? I may no the procedure ....

me

Model SR1103WM
Serial Number CNC430085f

It came from walmart. Abandoning it in place isn't an option. I need to
gain access and find the procedure for removal of the case to gain access.

Are there any special tools that HP or Compaq Technicians use to gain
access? I know they simply don't abandon, because they are going to have to
eventually replace one..so there has to be a way.
"Bum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:41c350f5$0$19030
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > compaq presario

> Which Presario? I may no the procedure ....

Bum

Here it the service manual from compaq, basically you need to remove the
side, the front, and lift tabs to slide the dive out.

Bum

Bum <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Xns95C2C28A48C45Bumbummerorg@
24.24.2.166:

> Here it the service manual from compaq, basically you need to remove the
> side, the front, and lift tabs to slide the dive out.

Patrick Michael

"Bum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Here it the service manual from compaq, basically you need to remove the
> side, the front, and lift tabs to slide the dive out.

You can't post attachments in this newsgroup. Most news servers are just
going to filter them out. Try e-mailing it to each other or something.

Bum

"Patrick Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> "Bum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> Here it the service manual from compaq, basically you need to remove
>> the side, the front, and lift tabs to slide the dive out.

> You can't post attachments in this newsgroup. Most news servers are
> just going to filter them out. Try e-mailing it to each other or
> something.

Oops sorry. Did not mean to cause a problem.

Bum

Bum

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:IiMwd.16387$(E-Mail Removed):

> I could not read the file.
> "Bum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Ok ... go to HP website and search for the model of the computer. It is
listed there I see.

Tapioca

me wrote:
> Model SR1103WM
> Serial Number CNC430085f
>
> It came from walmart. Abandoning it in place isn't an option. I
> need to gain access and find the procedure for removal of the case to
> gain access.
>
> Are there any special tools that HP or Compaq Technicians use to gain
> access? I know they simply don't abandon, because they are going to
> have to eventually replace one..so there has to be a way.
> "Bum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:41c350f5$0$19030
>> $(E-Mail Removed):

You want this link for manuals

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...&lang=en&cc=us

--
Tapioca

If you have nothing to do, then do nothing and enjoy it!