Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > What is the Pass Percentage?

What is the Pass Percentage?

David

I read that there are 80 questions on the hardware and 80 questions on the
O/S part of the A+ exam. How many questions does one need to answer
correctly in order to pass those exams? CompTia writes on there website
that the exams are graded on a scale of 100 - 900. The minimum score for the
CompTIA A+ Core Hardware exam is 515 and the minimum score for the CompTIA
A+ OS exam is 505. What do those numbers mean in terms of a percentage?
70% correct? 80 % correct?

Thanks..

Zimran Douglas

80 questions?
when I took it in 2003, just before the new objectives I only had 25
questions on the OS and 18 on the Hardware

Anyway 80% of so is .8*80 = 64
Seems to me the scoring is similar to the SAT's and that formular seems to
be a secret

>I read that there are 80 questions on the hardware and 80 questions on the
>O/S part of the A+ exam. How many questions does one need to answer
>correctly in order to pass those exams? CompTia writes on there website
>that the exams are graded on a scale of 100 - 900. The minimum score for
>the CompTIA A+ Core Hardware exam is 515 and the minimum score for the
>CompTIA A+ OS exam is 505. What do those numbers mean in terms of a
>percentage? 70% correct? 80 % correct?
>
> Thanks..

spetes

I just took the a+ core exam yesterday, and passed with a 560. Don't
forget, they tell you at the beginning of the exam that some of the 80
questions are "test questions" for CompTIA's own use. They are not
factored into your score. So we don't really know how many questions we
are graded on.

Good luck to all who have yet to take it.

spetes

i took the core exam yesterday, and at the beginning of the exam, i
read on the screen that some of the 80 questions (we don't know how
many) were CompTIA "test questions" and were not factored into your
final grade. they use them as possible questions for future exams. we
don't really know how many of the questions are used in scoring our
test.

johnnygeargrinder2004@yahoo.com

I just took the A+ os test and passed. The questions are weighted (I
have been told). Harder ones score more points than easier ones. Also,
there will be questions on the test that will not be scored. It said
that on the information they gave me at the testing center. They also
would not tell me how many I had missed. It was 80 questions and some
of the questions were not scored. There were also questions (I can not
recall exactly) that were very deep into troubleshooting and
networking. Stuff, I honestly didn't learn in my class. These deep
questions are the ones that are not scored (Again, I have been

David Hough

Zim, you took the adaptive test, like me. They did away with that,
and went back to the old fixed length test.