Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > I can't get rid of my trojans!

I can't get rid of my trojans!

DirtyHeel

For starters, I have mcafee virus scan 8, downloaded latest updates. I have
the latest copies of ad-aware and spybot, have those updated too. I run
scans but they don't fix anything. The problem is when I use Internet
Explorer every once in a while it'll randomly open a porn site link then
I'll get messages from mcafee that it has found exploit-mhtredir.gen and has
deleted it, but it doens't seem to delete it for good. I've also done scans
and such in smart mode, but it won't wipe out the trojan. Suggestions?
Thanks

--
A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000

DirtyHeel

DirtyHeel wrote:
> For starters, I have mcafee virus scan 8, downloaded latest updates.
> I have the latest copies of ad-aware and spybot, have those updated
> too. I run scans but they don't fix anything. The problem is when I
> use Internet Explorer every once in a while it'll randomly open a
> porn site link then I'll get messages from mcafee that it has found
> exploit-mhtredir.gen and has deleted it, but it doens't seem to
> delete it for good. I've also done scans and such in smart mode, but
> it won't wipe out the trojan. Suggestions? Thanks
>
> --
> A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000

Thanks for the advice given here. I tried several more programs. Even tried
McAfee version 9. Didn't work. Then I removed that and tried Norton and that
nabbed it for me. That's the most annoying thing about virus scanners, none
of them are equal and you generally can't more than one installed at a time.

--
A Member of Troll Incorporated 3000

Jonathan L

> First of all if you want to get viruses and spyware, keep visiting the
> porn sites. Second, if you are using WIN ME of XPPro, delete the System
> Restore volume after you find the virus and reboot. turn back on system
> Restore. The virus checker cant delte viruses hiding there. Also, check
> the MSConfig startup tab for any strange programs that could be viruses.
> Uncheck the suspected virus, reboot and run the scanner again.

Yeah thats right! Same thing as visiting a prostitute with
STD's. If you don't want STD's don't go back........Just a thought
anyway.

Jonathan

«bonehead;\)

"Jonathan L" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> > First of all if you want to get viruses and spyware, keep visiting the
> > porn sites. Second, if you are using WIN ME of XPPro, delete the System
> > Restore volume after you find the virus and reboot. turn back on system
> > Restore. The virus checker cant delte viruses hiding there. Also, check
> > the MSConfig startup tab for any strange programs that could be viruses.
> > Uncheck the suspected virus, reboot and run the scanner again.

> Yeah thats right! Same thing as visiting a prostitute with
> STD's. If you don't want STD's don't go back........Just a thought
> anyway.

Well if your gonna go to the brothel, make sure you wear proper
protection...
and be prepared in case the rubber breaks....

--
<B0N3H3@D>