Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Controller vs Adapters & Firmware questions

Controller vs Adapters & Firmware questions

Matthew

Question 1

I have been researching the topic of Controllers and I have a quick
question. What are the differences between Controllers and Adapters.
I've read my books and looked up sites on the internet but still come
short of my understanding of the differences between them.

Question 2

What exactly does firmware do and can the same thing be accomplished
through different drivers. This is another one of those topics that
has become blurry for me.

Any input on either of these questions will be gladly accpeted.

Matt