Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > What should be my strategy?

What should be my strategy?

Michael

As you know, you need to take 2 tests for A+ certification. I figure that
I'm more likely to get a higher score by putting my energy into studying for
one test, take the test, then repeat the process for the second test. My
testing center is close by, so I don't mind going twice. Besides, it's more
stressful to take two tests together. Also, by spacing out the time interval
between the two tests, it spreads the expense over a longer period.

These are the pros. What do the rest of you think? Are there any cons?

me

I studied for hardware test first, and took it and then about a month later
I studied for and took the OS Technologies Exam. I passed both and I am
thrilled. I think it is easier to take each test separately and space them
out--less stress and anexity involved and therefore less chance for failure.
At least thats my opinion.

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:14:34 -0500, "Michael" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>As you know, you need to take 2 tests for A+ certification. I figure that
>I'm more likely to get a higher score by putting my energy into studying for
>one test, take the test, then repeat the process for the second test. My
>testing center is close by, so I don't mind going twice. Besides, it's more
>stressful to take two tests together. Also, by spacing out the time interval
>between the two tests, it spreads the expense over a longer period.
>
>These are the pros. What do the rest of you think? Are there any cons?

If you have lots of experience, do them together, to get them out of
the way. If not, and studying is the basis of your preparation, do
them separately.

Tom

AgentX

That's the way I did it. I study for Hardware first, then Software. I also
took my time studying even though I have experience. I don't think it
matters how much experience you have. It's still a test, and there is stress
in volved. I should mention that I passed both tests on the first attempt.
Just take your time and study.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...