Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > question about the net+ upgrade

question about the net+ upgrade

oublier

reets all. I just passed my A+ cert yesterday. Now im studying for my
network+ but somewhat perplexed from the idea that soon they will be
retiring the test for the upgrade. Since there are no new objectives
on the comptia and site and no new books on the market that i can see.
I just purches excram2 network plus but im not sure if i should wait
or study that book. Im planning on paying and scheduling my test in
the next few months. Any one have any suggestions on what i can do? I
want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
the material as well?

Thanks

Mark

Reets to you too.....if you know your stuff, the book you purches should be
enough.

"oublier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> reets all. I just passed my A+ cert yesterday. Now im studying for my
> network+ but somewhat perplexed from the idea that soon they will be
> retiring the test for the upgrade. Since there are no new objectives
> on the comptia and site and no new books on the market that i can see.
> I just purches excram2 network plus but im not sure if i should wait
> or study that book. Im planning on paying and scheduling my test in
> the next few months. Any one have any suggestions on what i can do? I
> want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
> the material as well?
>
> Thanks

G W

the upgrade won't take effect for a while.go ahead and take it
"oublier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> reets all. I just passed my A+ cert yesterday. Now im studying for my
> network+ but somewhat perplexed from the idea that soon they will be
> retiring the test for the upgrade. Since there are no new objectives
> on the comptia and site and no new books on the market that i can see.
> I just purches excram2 network plus but im not sure if i should wait
> or study that book. Im planning on paying and scheduling my test in
> the next few months. Any one have any suggestions on what i can do? I
> want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
> the material as well?
>
> Thanks

John P. Dearing

oublier wrote:

> reets all. I just passed my A+ cert yesterday. Now im studying for my
> network+ but somewhat perplexed from the idea that soon they will be
> retiring the test for the upgrade. Since there are no new objectives
> on the comptia and site and no new books on the market that i can see.
> I just purches excram2 network plus but im not sure if i should wait
> or study that book. Im planning on paying and scheduling my test in
> the next few months. Any one have any suggestions on what i can do? I
> want to take this test soon as possible but i want to make sure i know
> the material as well?

You absolutely want to be prepared for the exam and know your material.

You still have time to study for and take and pass the current exam.

The new objectives have just recently been made public. Here, take a look:

http://www.comptia.org/certification...Objectives.pdf

and to see the differences between 2001 and 2005 exams:

http://www.comptia.org/certification...m2001-2005.pdf

According to the CompTIA web site, the beta will start in late November
and run for a month (or longer, depending on participation).

They still haven't announced a retirement date for the current exam.
Also, they have to give the book publishers time to get new manuscripts
together so there can be study guides published. I'd figure that you
probably have until May/June of 2005 before the current exam retires.

Good luck with your studies!!!

John
--
John P. Dearing
A+, Network+

ap

The exam cram 2 book is one of the easiest to read. Right to the point
information. Read it for about a week then go take the test, you will be
fine.