Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > BIOS FLASH!

BIOS FLASH!

Big D

Can some one tell me where I can go to find the code file or BIN file to
flash my BIOS. I have an AOPEN AX6BC Mother Board and an AWARD AX6BC Bios
Chip Ver. R2.36. I went to the AOPEN site for the down load but all they
have is an EXE. file. I thought I needed a BIN. File?
Anyway the EXE. file doesn't work with the award utility. When I run it at
the command prompt it says the file is wrong.

Boot disk works fine but still not able to flash.. Can some on tell me what
to do. Or if you can get the file for me send it to me? I am at the end of
my rope with this.

Kenny

Check the manual for details on how to flash BIOS.
http://download.aopen.com.tw/default.aspx
The BIOS file includes an EXE file and a BIN file.
ALso check m/b model since there appears to be different versions of this
one.

--

Kenny

"Big D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:chL9d.62170$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Can some one tell me where I can go to find the code file or BIN file to
> flash my BIOS. I have an AOPEN AX6BC Mother Board and an AWARD AX6BC Bios
> Chip Ver. R2.36. I went to the AOPEN site for the down load but all they
> have is an EXE. file. I thought I needed a BIN. File?
> Anyway the EXE. file doesn't work with the award utility. When I run it at
> the command prompt it says the file is wrong.
>
> Boot disk works fine but still not able to flash.. Can some on tell me

what
> to do. Or if you can get the file for me send it to me? I am at the end of
> my rope with this.

Bill

Big D wrote:
> Can some one tell me where I can go to find the code file or BIN file to
> flash my BIOS. I have an AOPEN AX6BC Mother Board and an AWARD AX6BC Bios
> Chip Ver. R2.36. I went to the AOPEN site for the down load but all they
> have is an EXE. file. I thought I needed a BIN. File?
> Anyway the EXE. file doesn't work with the award utility. When I run it at
> the command prompt it says the file is wrong.
>
> Boot disk works fine but still not able to flash.. Can some on tell me what
> to do. Or if you can get the file for me send it to me? I am at the end of
> my rope with this.

Hi Big D,

It could be that the .exe file is a compressed archive. It could also be
that what you downloaded is the flash utility and not the image.

Try running the .exe and see what it does. If it opens and promptly
closes, try running it from the command prompt.

Bill