Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Shutdown problems

Shutdown problems

Carlos Antenna

I built a computer from spare parts I collected over the years as I upgraded
stuff.
It is Asus motherboard, K6-2 400 processor, 512mb ram, Win XP Pro. Not
speedy but serviceable.

The problem is in shutting down -- it doesn't. When I shut down it just
restarts. What am I missing?

Carlos

John Loop

"Carlos Antenna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I built a computer from spare parts I collected over the years as I

upgraded
> stuff.
> It is Asus motherboard, K6-2 400 processor, 512mb ram, Win XP Pro. Not
> speedy but serviceable.
>
> The problem is in shutting down -- it doesn't. When I shut down it just
> restarts. What am I missing?
>
> Carlos
>
> --

That is often a BIOS setting....
Stay powered off or restart on power down.
John--
www.pccitizen.com Safe Computing, Home wired and wireless networking tips.
....You spend your whole life figuring out what you should have done with it,
let alone what it was all about. And then your children get to do it all
over again..