Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Help on LJ1000

Help on LJ1000

Andrew Tang

I have a customer who I sold a LaserJet 1000 to over a year ago and the
print is really faint. It was an ongoing problem and changing the cartridge
did not improve anything. A picture of the printout is at:

http://home.mchsi.com/~a.tang/pix/printout.jpg

Can anyone comment on what may be wrong?
Any guesses as to what HP would charge for out of warranty repair on this?

TIA

AG

"Andrew Tang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a customer who I sold a LaserJet 1000 to over a year ago and the
> print is really faint. It was an ongoing problem and changing the

cartridge
> did not improve anything. A picture of the printout is at:
>
> http://home.mchsi.com/~a.tang/pix/printout.jpg
>
> Can anyone comment on what may be wrong?
> Any guesses as to what HP would charge for out of warranty repair on this?
>
> TIA

I know this will sound strange but try different paper or even turn the
paper over. Some finishes don't take toner well. I've seen it make all the
difference.

AG

AG

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Best guess, high voltage power supply or transfer roller (if this model
> uses one). The cost to repair will probably be high relative to the
> value of the printer.

Isn't the transfer roller a part of the cartridge on those? It is on most
of them.
AG

> Andrew Tang wrote:
>
> > I have a customer who I sold a LaserJet 1000 to over a year ago and the
> > print is really faint. It was an ongoing problem and changing the

cartridge
> > did not improve anything. A picture of the printout is at:
> >
> > http://home.mchsi.com/~a.tang/pix/printout.jpg
> >
> > Can anyone comment on what may be wrong?
> > Any guesses as to what HP would charge for out of warranty repair on

this?

> > TIA

Andrew Tang

"AG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:415c313e$0$99878$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Barry Watzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Best guess, high voltage power supply or transfer roller (if this model
> > uses one). The cost to repair will probably be high relative to the
> > value of the printer.
> >

> Isn't the transfer roller a part of the cartridge on those? It is on most
> of them.
> AG

The transfer roller appears not to be a part of the cartridge as listed
here:

http://sparepartswarehouse.com/rwm/H...000-Q1342A.asp

Following up:
I eventually got a laser/scanner assembly failure message within Windows.
Consider the cost of that part and not being sure about complications, I am
not going to try to repair it.

Thanks for the replies.

Andy