Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Studying for A+ Exam, Operating Systems

Studying for A+ Exam, Operating Systems

Tom Wnuk

I am studying to take the A+ Certification Exam on Operating Systems. I
have read three
books so far: 1) Faster, Smarter A+ (Drew Bird), 2)All-in-One (Mike
Meyers), 3)A+ Complete Study Guide (David Groth). I am now reading a fourth
book and I am seeing terms I have not seen in the first three books.
Examples: Universal Disk Format, I/O Supervisor layer. Does this book go
way beyond what is on the A+ exam. There are enough things to remember
without going into any extra crap. I can deal with more in-depth issues
later.

Tom

P. S. The CD-ROM in Mike Meyers book has some of the paper sleeve stuck to
the CD. What is
the besst way to remove this? Soak in water? Goo Gone?

Bill

Tom Wnuk wrote:
> I am studying to take the A+ Certification Exam on Operating Systems. I
> have read three
> books so far: 1) Faster, Smarter A+ (Drew Bird), 2)All-in-One (Mike
> Meyers), 3)A+ Complete Study Guide (David Groth). I am now reading a fourth
> book and I am seeing terms I have not seen in the first three books.
> Examples: Universal Disk Format, I/O Supervisor layer. Does this book go
> way beyond what is on the A+ exam. There are enough things to remember
> without going into any extra crap. I can deal with more in-depth issues
> later.
>

> Tom
>
> P. S. The CD-ROM in Mike Meyers book has some of the paper sleeve stuck to
> the CD. What is
> the besst way to remove this? Soak in water? Goo Gone?

Hi Tom,

Never heard of Universal Disk Format, I/O Supervisor layer in the
context of A+. Don't waste your time. Take all the practice tests you
can find. If you are scoring above 85%, go take the test. I read the
ExamCram and the smaller of the Mike Myers books. Mikes tests are harder
than the actual exams. The ones I found online are basically the same as
on the exams.

http://www.passitnow.com/comptia.html

Bill

Rudy Lopez

According to the CompTIA site they are still using the 2003
objectives.

I ran across a sample test site that referred to 2004 objectives.