Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > USB Pen Drive question

USB Pen Drive question

Yeti

I am going to buy a 512MB USB Pen drive. I've read the reviews, and
checked the links and prices. I am going to get one from Newegg in the $50
-$60 dollar price range.

What I need to know that I have not seen in any reviews: SIZE

If I try to just keep this thing in my pocket it will randomly dissappear,
like so many lighters, jacknifes, etc.. So it has to attach to my keyring.
I alread have one of thoes 5lb keyrings with 35 mystery keys on it. So it
needs to be small and have the little ring that will hook onto my keyring .
but the ring part cant be cheap plastic that will break in 2 days. I
abuse my keys, toss 'em everywhare, drop them, etc.

So: Who can reccomend a brand name for a small, durable USB pen drive with
a strong loop to go on my key ring?

Patrick Michael

"Yeti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am going to buy a 512MB USB Pen drive. I've read the reviews, and
> checked the links and prices. I am going to get one from Newegg in the

$50
> -$60 dollar price range.
>
> What I need to know that I have not seen in any reviews: SIZE
>
> If I try to just keep this thing in my pocket it will randomly dissappear,
> like so many lighters, jacknifes, etc.. So it has to attach to my

keyring.
> I alread have one of thoes 5lb keyrings with 35 mystery keys on it. So

it
> needs to be small and have the little ring that will hook onto my keyring

..
> but the ring part cant be cheap plastic that will break in 2 days. I
> abuse my keys, toss 'em everywhare, drop them, etc.
>
> So: Who can reccomend a brand name for a small, durable USB pen drive

with
> a strong loop to go on my key ring?

Most of the USB flash drives I've seen can be worn around the neck...that
might be another option.

Gary

I think SanDisk make one with a titanium housing.